Monday, November 10, 2014

  Script >>  Storyboard >> Concept Art >> VFX test >> Casting >> Making Props >> Filming >> VFX >>  Sound >> Making trailer

 Train station made of glass in the middle of air on top of the building. WOW!!! Any way this was just an idea until we can see the render.
It taken time to invent the deal. I've taken size of my room and sizes of myself to make the design of the train. Than I drawn the proportional blue print for the wagon and using this made a model... After the model was done I realized that all the seats inside the train are too high poly. I couldn't use the train for example for the scene with the 3 buildings. So the deal was to make another version of less polygonal train. Actually it was not take too much time. For the main model I turned off all the modifiers that increases the geometry resolution. And for the seat I used decimation. So just first wagon in the train was high poly and all the rest were mid poly...
After I had the train I needed to take a pencil again and to draw the blue prints of the station. I knew that it must be high in the air on top of the city and nothing else. I was imagining huge places with a lot of seats for waiting. Anyway I made the station similar to those that close to the place I'm living in. Except of the rails here are on top of the train. When I've done the model in Blender, I assigned on it an glass shader for fun, but I so much liked the result so I leaved it as it is. The problem was to figure out how it been holden on such high and how the people getting there?
 First problem I solved by just coping the ring that holding the train rails along the way. Of course I changed a shape a bit.
 Second deal solved by the idea of putting huge building in the bottom of all this deal. And making a road that goes though it.. (you can see the peace of the road on the render).

When it been done I looked to the script of the movie and found there a scene of a news on the screens in the station.
There is the screen made also of glass... Anyway there is still something to fix.
1. The station is too clean
2. The screen is almost invisible.
3. The is no city around. (what should be by the script)
4. Where is people?
5. I will find more.


<<< Anyway Kubrick shot!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment